About Sungineer Solar
Sungineer Solar was founded in early 2019 to provide a unique blend of solar engineering and field services.
We are experienced with every aspect of solar PV: service, installation, commissioning, and design.
We’re based in Ithaca and serve the entire Finger Lakes and Central New York regions.
Dave Tedeyan, Sungineer Solar founder, combines his engineering skills with a passion for renewable energy and a love for working outside.
Dave worked for Taitem Engineering’s Renewables Department for 6.5 years. In those years, Dave worked as an installer, project manager, and operations manager. Most recently, he was the department’s service manager, overseeing and performing all service, commissioning, and O&M work. He still works at Taitem part time, while continuing to serve the Finger Lakes PV community with Sungineer Solar.
- Bucknell University, B.Eng. Electrical Engineering, 2006
- Licensed Professional Engineer, Electrical and Computer (Power), 2018
- NABCEP certified Installation Professional (North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners)
- City of Ithaca Licensed Electrician
- Won NYSERDA’s Quality Assurance award for having the highest QA scores in New York State in 2014-2015
- Co-authored article, “PV Commissioning Tips and Best Practices,” for Solar Pro magazine (March/April 2018)
- Ithaca’s only authorized SunPower dealer
- Sonnen certified installer
- Fronius service provider
Outside of work, Dave loves playing ultimate frisbee, recently playing in the finals of the World Masters Ultimate Club championships. On weekends, he enjoys rock climbing, backpacking, and hiking with his wife and young daughter.