About Sungineer Solar
Sungineer Solar was founded in early 2019 to provide a unique blend of solar engineering and field services.
We are experienced with every aspect of solar PV: service, installation, commissioning, and design.
We’re based in Ithaca and serve the entire Finger Lakes and Central New York regions.
Dave Tedeyan, Sungineer Solar founder, combines his engineering skills with a passion for renewable energy and a love for working outside.
Dave started his renewables career at Taitem Engineering’s Renewables Department in 2012. He started as an installer, then moved to project manager, operations manager, and finally the department’s service manager, overseeing and performing all service, commissioning, and O&M work. When the Renewables Department closed in 2019, Dave founded Sungineer Solar to continue to serve the Finger Lakes community’s solar PV needs.
- Bucknell University, B.Eng. Electrical Engineering, 2006
- Licensed Professional Engineer, Electrical and Computer (Power), 2018
- NABCEP-certified Installation Professional (North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners)
- City of Ithaca Licensed Electrician
- Won NYSERDA’s Quality Assurance award for having the highest QA scores in New York State in 2014-2015
- Co-authored article, “PV Commissioning Tips and Best Practices,” for Solar Pro magazine (March/April 2018)
- Sonnen certified installer
- Fronius service provider
Outside of work, Dave loves playing ultimate frisbee, even playing in the finals of the World Masters Ultimate Club championships. On weekends, he enjoys rock climbing, backpacking, and hiking with his wife, young daughter, and toddler son.